Skip to Content-Text-Size: A+ A-
Page Description

The following page is a layout with a header that contains skip to content, increase and decrease font size feature, and the search AT Network function. Page sections are identified with headers. The footer contains About Us, CFILC, DOR, Site Map, and contact information.

Disaster Response Resources: State Individual Assistance


State Supplemental Grant Program – Housing assistance such as temporary housing, repair, replacement, and permanent housing construction.

State Supplemental Grant Program – Other Needs Assistance can cover items such as personal property, medical, dental, funeral, transportation, and moving and storage.

These grants may be offered when assistance from FEMA’s Individuals and Households Program has been maximized. Once maximized, your FEMA application is transferred to this program; there is no separate application process. Contact CA Department of Social Services, State Supplemental Grant Program at 1-800-759-6807 (TTY for hearing and speech impaired: 1-800-822-6268.

Replacing Lost Documents

County Recorder Clerk - Can assist individuals in replacing important documents, such as birth certificates and marriage certificates that were lost in the fires. Contact your local County Recorder Office as follows:

Los Angeles County – (562) 462-2137 or  
Orange County – (714) 834-2500 or  
Riverside County – (951) 486-7000 or  
San Bernardino County – (909) 387-8314 or  
San Diego County – (619) 237-0502 or
Santa Barbara County – (805) 568-2250 or  
Ventura County – (805) 654-2295 or

For a listing of all local County Recorder Offices go to the following website:

Department of Motor Vehicles - Can assist individuals in replacing documents, such as drivers’ licenses, identification cards, vehicle registration certificates or certificate of title that were lost in the fires. In addition, DMV can assist in obtaining forms to change the status of vehicles that were damaged or destroyed as a result of the fires. Contact DMV at 1-800-921-1117 or 1- 800-777-0133, or you can look up your local DMV office on the following website:

Employment Services

California Employment Development Department (EDD) - Provides weekly unemployment insurance payments for workers who lose their job through no fault of their own. If you are unemployed, or working less than full time, have a legal right to work in the United States, and are ready, willing, and able to work, you may be eligible to receive unemployment insurance benefits. You may contact EDD at the following: English 1-800-300-5616; Spanish 1-800-326-8937; and TTY 1-800-815-9387, for hearing impaired. For more information, visit  

Emergency Needs Referral

American Red Cross – Provides emergency food, clothing, shelter, and medical assistance to needy individuals and families. To contact the Red Cross or find a shelter near you, call 1-800-REDCROSS (733-2767). To register or find a loved one on the Safe and Well List visit the following website:

Insurance & Rebuilding Information

California Department of Insurance – Can provide assistance on insurance issues and claims. Call the toll-free Consumer Hotline at 1-800-927-HELP (4357) or visit  

Contractors State License Board – Provides guidance on verifying a contractor’s license, investigates complaints, and also provides information about hiring a licensed contractor. For information on hiring or filing a complaint regarding a contractor, contact CSLB Disaster Hotline M-F from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. at 1-800-962-1125, or 24-hour Automated Phone Response System 1-800-321 CSLB (2752). Licenses can also be checked online at

Tax Advice and Assistance

Employment Development Department – Employers may file for a 60-day extension to file reports and make deposits when a state of emergency is declared. Contact the Taxpayer Assistance Center at (888) 745-3886 for additional information. TTY users, please call (800) 547-9565. Information can also be checked online at  

Franchise Tax Board – Provides guidance in obtaining tax relief for disaster casualty losses. Contact the Franchise Tax Board at 1-800-852-5711, (TTY/TDD) for hearing or speech impaired: 1-800-822-6268.

California Board of Equalization – Offers extensions to file tax returns and relief of interest and penalties to taxpayers and fee payers directly affected by the disaster. Contact the Board of Equalization at 1-800-400-7115 (TDD/TTY 1 800-735-2929).

Veterans Assistance

If you have a CALVET loan and have suffered damage caused by the Southern California Wildfires, contact the CALVET Claims Administrator at 1-800-626-1613 Ext. 0, or CALVET at 1-800-952-5626.

The AT Network is dedicated to protecting the rights of our consumers and allowing them to remain independent in the community. If you have a question, concern, or a story to share with us then please don't hesitate to contact us:

Toll-Free: 800-390-2699
TTY: 800-900-0706

Photo of an accessible crib
** PLEASE DESCRIBE THIS IMAGE **To assist Larry in putting the baby to bed, TLG adapted a crib (see picture above) so that the railing slid open to the side rather than dropping down. Larry was then able to slide his son right onto the mattress from the chair without having to lift him over the side. "